Saturday 19 September 2009

Southall



Southall was a very eye opening experience for me. I absolutely loved the Sikh temple and the people there. They were so nice and willing to share about their culture. I was surprised to learn how similar our religion is to theirs! They were such a humble people and showed such reverence to their scripture. The Hindu people were also very open to share about their religion, but unfortunately, I didn't get as much time to talk to them. Their temples were very ornate and bursting with beautiful bright colors. Southall itself seemed like a whole different world and I didn't even feel like I was still in England! It was a very different culture and it was such a neat experienced to be fully emersed in it. To top it all off, we ended the day with some delicious Indian food!

No comments:

Post a Comment