Monday 5 October 2009

Les Miserables


My parents were here visiting this weekend and it was so much fun being their tour guide around London! The highlight of our adventures was definitely a night out at Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre. This show was the best production I have EVER seen! I went in expecting it to be great, yet I was still blown away! A cast of 25 performed the most powerful and touching musical, mostly through their amazing singing and dynamic stage presence. The male lead covered the highest and lowest notes in the musical theatre community as well as played a character ranging from 20-something years old to 80-something years old. Talk about versatile! Even the set was cool! The round stage turned throughout almsot the entire production, which allowed quick changes between scenes and a really good sense of passing time. I wanted to see it again the minute it was over, and I'm pretty sure that my conversations only consisted of "wow" for about three hours after the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment