Thursday 15 October 2009

Stonehenge and Stourhead

Stonehenge greatly exceeded my expectations! I kept hearing that it was smaller than people expected and not to get my hopes up. With these thoughts running through my head, I was greatly surprised and happy with what I saw! As we walked around, we were challenged to think of some of the possible ways in which the stones got there and to what purpose. Thousands ideas ran through my head, some crazier than others, but I came to the conclusion that I like the mystery behind it. The mystery makes it even more appealing.
Stourhead was absolutely beautiful. I was rather upset, along with about 40 other girls, that the "Darcy Proposal building" was closed for construction, but I quickly got over that as I looked out over the beautiful lake! This site competed with Fountains Abbey for the most beautiful places I've been in England. The manicured gardens looked so natural and in place. I especially loved the changing color of all the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment