Monday 30 November 2009

Paris: Part 1





Upon arriving in Paris, the first thing we did was bolt for the Eifel Tower and we took the elevator all the way to the top! Talk about a great view! We spent a good hour and half just looking around and familiarizing ourselves with the city while we could see it all. Next, we walked the Champ Elysees and found our first baguettes and crepes, both of which were phenomenal. Day two started with a trip out to Versailles. I had been looking forward to this since before we even got here, and it lived up to all my expectations. It was absolutely huge and had some amazing painting in the galleries inside. I knew it was suppose to be ornate, but I had no idea just how ornate it was going to be; every wall and ceiling was covered with paintings, mirrors, gold, or fancy wallpaper. The gardens were just as amazing. I can’t even imagine anyone living there! I could have fit my whole house probably three times just in the Hall of Mirrors. After exploring as much of Versailles as we could, we took off for Notre-Dame. We sat inside for a while, climbed the tower, visited the bell, and learned how to identify a real gargoyle! This was probably one of my favorite things of the whole trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment