Monday 30 November 2009

Paris: Part 2





Still on day two…the next stop was the Louvre! I had one of those “oh my gosh! I’m in Paris!” moments as we walked into the courtyard of the Louvre and I saw the glass pyramid rising out of the center. The museum was amazing but very overwhelming; I got to see a lot of great paintings but I barely scratched the surface. I heard that if you spent 30 seconds on every painting and sculpture in the museum for 24 hours a day, it would take three months to see them all. In other words, the two hours I spent there didn’t result in me seeing any significant percentage of the collection, but I still loved it! Our last activity of the day was a nighttime boat tour of the Seine! It was beautiful! The city looks so different at night. On our last day we went to the Musee d’Orsay which is in an old train station! This is one of the coolest museums I have ever visited just because of the building! I could have spent a lot more time there but we had to make it to the Arc de Triumph! We climbed to the top to get another great view of the city and all the crazy drivers around the Arc de Triumph. It was a beautiful sunny day, so I just sat on top for a while and enjoyed myself. Finally, we made a quick trip to the Opera House, grabbed another delicious pastry, and headed for the bus station.

No comments:

Post a Comment